Serving the Latino population presents a unique set of challenges. Problems range from as serious as civil rights violations to as seemingly mundane as confusion caused by multiple last names. The resources listed below have been compiled to help us better serve this community.
GENERAL SERVICES FOR LATINOS
WEBSITES / BLOGS
- The SaludAmerica blog, part of Salud-America.org, is an interactive, online forum dedicated to stimulating an ongoing discussion among Latino families, community leaders, health researchers and all other who are interested in improving the health of Latinos across the U.S.
- NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.
- HealthDay. News for healthier living. Specializes in producing evidence-based health content, which is licensed to media companies, hospitals, managed care organizations, publishers, non-profits and government agencies:
- HealthFinder- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- MedlinePlus- U.S. National Library of Medicine of the National Institute of Health (NIH)
- Unidos US (Formerly National Council of La Raza)
How to find Resources in our Website
(Video in spanish)